Family Law

  • Start your marriage on the right foot by determining how your assets will be divided if the marriage ends. You will each need your own independent lawyer to review the agreement for it to be valid. Click here to Find a Lawyer.

  • When you and your soon to be ex-spouse agree on all the issues, have no minor children, are divorcing on grounds of irreconcilable differences, have been living in California for the past 6 months and in your county for the past 90 days, no one is asking for spousal support and you or your spouse are not in the military, you can file for a summary dissolution.


If any of these requirements doesn’t apply to you or you want a lawyer helping you, click here for Legal Advice.

*Plus filing fees. The Court Filing Fee for an Uncontested Divorce is $435 in all counties, except in Riverside County or San Francisco County, where it is $450. The Court Filing Fee is paid directly to the Superior Court when your case is filed. The Court Filing Fee is subject to change at any time. While courts differ in their payment policies, all accept cash and money orders and most accept personal checks or credit cards (with valid photo ID). If you have low income, you may qualify for a waiver of the Court Filing Fee. You can ask the court clerk for help with Fee Waivers.

If you would prefer to consult with an attorney or have a contested divorce, click here for Legal Advice.